Sunday, June 27, 2010

Anchors and the Ocean

Recently I have found a bit of a fascination with pattern. This all started out with finding a stripped shirt for 5 dollars. It seemed a little boring, so I wanted to print a little more onto it. From this, I found some imagery related to the ocean and sailing (since the pattern reminded me so much of a pirate, or sailor's shirt). Here's another one of the shirts with a more interesting collar that I re-purposed:


From this, I have been wanting to create accompanying pieces to these shirts. My idea so far only includes one other item, but I'm excited to try and figure out some sort of "clothing line". I hope to create a bag that stays on the same kind of theme as the shirt- "Influenced by the Ocean". I'm beginning to assemble imagery for patternmaking, as well as doing research on things like materials (for example, how to get a rope handle like this one). The pattern creation has been interesting me lately, so more on these in the future. Here's some examples of what I have made up for now:


1 comment: